Official Forum >> English forum >> other bands/music >> Anathema Page of 2
Anathema
Author Topic
franciska_af

Flying

Posted: 18-9-2020 4:21:53

WOW
Thanks for all the info, you're really a great Anathema fan

Yep, already I'd got to listen almost all their stuff, again I listen Serenades and I'm afraid still don't like me xD, these grunts are made by who, Darren??  These grunts dislike me  , I prefer Vinny's growls
 maybe the songs most like are J'ai fait une promesse and The sweet suffering( what is a bonus and is from Crestfallen xD )

"Eternity" still has some doom elements I think, is a great piece, but I must to listen it more because at this time I'm really in love with their lastly work, their last albums from JUDGMENT in forward.
Alternative 4 is great, love Lost control especially, but still I must to listen it more =P

"A fine day to exit" is wonderful, really love it too (L), and "A natural disaster", also love it, and yeah, it has so many different elements O_O, they are genius /o/ hehe and I agree, Pulled Under is very addicting, as Panic in A fine day to exit ( IMO =P)
I prefer the live version of A Natural disaster ( song) is really excellent!
www.youtube.com/watch 

From ADTE I think the song most love is Temporary Peace, the name says everything (L)

Is my idea or all the DVD ( Were you there , A Vision of a Dying Embrace and A Moment in Time) were recorded at Poland? =O
I discovered currently that the DVD "Were you there" has one deleted bonus:
A Dying Wish, is really cool!
www.youtube.com/watch
but would be more cool if Vinny would used there the old vocals

and tell me, finally do you like both  musical styles of Anathema, it seems, right?

Had you listened their last demo: Everything?

Hey, and did you read this wonderful text published lastly on the website? Really I LOVE it (L)

- change and growth on a personal level is a very healthy thing..

to move on from the past, to new broader horizons is a beautiful experience.. to find the power of forgiveness.. to open the gateway to love, as i call it.. to love and forgive yourself, and others, in your life and find it is a pathway to inner peace.. to see all of creation manifested in the song of a bird or the sound of the wind.. to recognise your own soul within yourself and see it reflected in all nature and all the people around you, is humbling and empowering in equal measure.. to recognise that you ARE life and that the energy that you came from is everywhere, in everything.. to be able to trust in the process in life and see your future filled with potential.. to give spare change to a man in the street after walking past him every day for 6 months.. or just even to reach out to others instead of judging them.. to recognise that other people are only doing the best with the knowledge and awareness they have.. to experience a change within and to recognise the spark of truth in you.. that you are capable of wonderful, amazing things, or even just beautiful, ordinary things... that is the paradigm shift.

Amsanc

Intermediate

Posted: 23-9-2020 19:55:39

Yes, Serenades' vocals are made by Darren and also PentecostIII and The Crestfallen.

Lol it seems that Doom metal bands love Poland, I mean, not only all the Anathema dvds are made there but also My Dying Bride's For Darkest Eyes was recorded there too. Maybe its the atmosphere or the audience.:P Didn't know about that bonus DVD, the song sounds good, tks a lot for sharing.

Its really difficult from me to say which of their styles I like most because I love them all, but I really would like to see them playing some metal once again, yet the new songs sound great.

Yeah the text is fucking great, very well written and intresting.

So, can you already make a top10 list of the songs you like most?

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. Let no man trust him
franciska_af

Flying

Posted: 24-9-2020 3:02:39

Well, I think still don't like these Darren'grunts >_>, do you like them?
definitivly a good decision Vinny at mainly vocals

LOL, it must to be the audience, or athmosphere guess, as happen here in South America with Brazil  and the bands for example

Hehe, really would be great if they playing again some metal, but at least I think  they will not include grunts into their music again, as say Jamie in this interview to some chilean site, the day of the first chilean gig last year
sudinferno-rainheart.blogspot.com/2007/07/jamie-cavanagh-el-nuevo-disco-de.html

hope you can read it, it's ver interesting and funny xDDD

Ahmm, it's SO complicated choose 10 songs /o/
I'll t ry, and probably I'll change this list after

1.-One Last Goodbye (L)
2.-Emotional Winter
3.-Restless Oblivion
4.- Lost Control
5.-Shroud of frost
6.- Alternative 4
7.-Temporary Peace
8.-A fine day to exit
9.-Eternity II
10.-Balance

/o/

and which are your top 10 ?

Amsanc

Intermediate

Posted: 26-9-2020 0:30:43

Not really, Darren's grunts are so sterile, Vinnie can make a grunt sound more than just a simple grunt, it gives them emotions, don't you think? Anyway his clean voice is sweet, like it very much.

I'll try to read the interview, though its been a while since I've had spanish lessons, I'll try my best;)

Wow its the first time I see someone putting Emotional Winter in their top10, its a great underrated song, its great your top10, really:)

Mine:

1º Restless Oblivion and One Last Goodbye (can't decide sorry)
2º The Silent Enigma
3º Eternity pt1
4º Fragile Dreams
5º Mine is yours to drown in
6º Pulled Under at 2000 meters per second
7º Violence
8º We, the Gods
9º Sentient (most beautiful intro I've ever heard)
10º  Eternity ptIII

Still there are tons of great songs left out

franciska_af

Flying

Posted: 30-9-2020 5:00:51

Haha, yeah, these Darren's grunts are horrible, in my opinion
and YESSS, Vinny grunts are more versatile, veeeery good, with lot of emotion!
And also singing with clean voice, much more emotional and sweet as you say, not matter if sometimes his voice being out of tune, anyway is great!

Yeah, I LOVE Emotional Winter, I think there Vinny sings even with more emotion, I think maybe because he wrote that song or I don't know, but is beautiful! and yep, a very underrated song

And did you got to read that interview? =P

Hey, is my idea or John, the drumer, always having a dog with him during the concerts? O.o
Currently I noticed  a dog on A Moment in Time, and also in a Were you there, another dog, is very cute and funny  I think, maybe is his cabala, or amulet of good luck xD

Thanks!, your top also is great,  more oriented to their doom era :P

Did you heard  the new song "Everything"?
On their myspace is it, it's so beautiful, amazing!
www.myspace.com/weareanathema

Amsanc

Intermediate

Posted: 4-10-2020 19:03:09

I'm totally in love with Everything, its so damn great.

And there's also 3 new songs:

One of them Ann Further is on the bootleg and the others:

Angels Walks Among Us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVeVdsf2ZoA

and

A Simple Mistake:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgEz7qOCS9s

Angels Walks among us also brillant, but I still have to lisaten A simple Mistake more times since its a very complex song.

This whole conversation about Anathema, made me start listening their records again (I heavn't heard them for a while), and it feels so damn good, tks for that.

Sorry haven't read the interview so far (lack of time) but I promisse I'll read it this weekend.

franciska_af

Flying

Posted: 7-10-2020 7:26:27

hehehe, yeah!!!

I'm also totally in love with "Everything", it's soo wonderful, felt in love from the first time I've listen it ^^
Perfect lyrics of course

Needed time to clear my mind
breathe the free air find some peace there
I used to keep my heart in jail
but the choice was love or fear of pain and

I...
chose...
love...

cos everything is energy and energy is you and me...

Light shines in through an open window
shines inside your heart and soul and
light will guide your way through time
and love will help you heal your mind and

life...
will...
be..

cos everything is energy and energy is you and me..

OMG, yeah, already I listened Angels  walk among us, and I cried listened it , beautiful!!!!
I read it's dedicated to their mother too ( as One last goodbye), right?

A simple mistake sounds cool , first time I've listening it, must to listen more times ;)

Heey, you're welcome, I'm also listening their music for long time from I listened at first time ( maybe it was 2005)  :P

hey, and the John's dogs are or not an amulet, what do u think? =P

« First    « Previous Page of 2